1. a. The stimulus in this experiment is the Cap and the tip being cut off. b. The plant releases auxins into different places of the plant strengthening separate portions of the plant. Therefore letting the plants reach the sunlight to proceed photosynthesis.
2. This is an excellent term for for the phenomenon because when the plant reacts to sunlight it “trops” or turns toward the light source using the hormone auxin.
3. Base covered by cap, Tip cut off, Tip covered by cap.
4. Group B(tip cut off).
5. Because the cleoptile covers the new embryo of the plant, therefore if the cleoptile is removed in the infancy of the plant embryo it may not be able to do the process of photosynthesis.
6. That the cleopilte covers up the light sensory nerves of the plant. Also that the plant will not release “Auxin” if it does not sense light, which is probably sensed throught the plants snsory nerves.
7 . The major difference between the Agar material and the Mica material is that the Agar material is premeable and the Mica is not permiable(impermiable).
8. The experiment described in the Box supports the idea that hormones are involved in phototrophic response by showing that when the permiable Agar is placed the phototrophism still occurs because the light reacts to the light sensory nerves of the plant therefore making it release auxin towards the light stimulus