BSEd in Social Studies in the Philippines
The program provides students with essential knowledge and proper teaching techniques that are necessary for becoming effective educators in the high school level, with a focus on the social studies: geography, history, sociology, etc. Admission requirements for BSEd in Social Studies in the Philippines
* Must have recommendation from high school principal and guidance counsellor * Must have the Original copy of high school card (Form 138A) * Must have most recent medical and dental health record * Must take and pass the College Entrance Examination
* Must have a copy of NSO certified birth certificate
* Must have a certificate of good moral character
* Must have a copy of high school diploma
* One 2”x 2” copy of latest photo
Duration of BSEd in Social Studies in the Philippines
The BSEd in Social Studies in program takes 4 years to complete.
An on-job training or internship is done on the third and fourth year level of the program where students are exposed to both in-campus and out-campus teaching. The internship will last for at least 1 month on every grade level. Subjects included in the BSEd in Social Studies program
* World History & Civilization: Contemporary Ideologies * Geography & Natural Resources of the Philippines
International Students Do Not Have Chances to Get Into Higher Education Programs Nowadays international students have few chances to get into higher educational programs. According to one of the most recent reports, the age of impressive growth in international student enrolment is over. International students face continuous difficulties in coming to the U.S. due to problems with greed card or ...
* Developmental Reading for Secondary Education
* General Psychology w/ Drug Abuse Education
* Experiencing the Teaching – Learning Process
* The Learner’s Development & Environment
* Computer Application for ARTED Education
* Philippine Government & the Constitution
* Teaching Strategies for Social Studies
* Economic Planning and Development
* Child and Adolescent Development
* Assessment of Student Learning
* The Literatures of the Philippines
* Introduction to Art Education
* World History & Civilization
* Contemporary Mathematic
* Introduction to Economics
* The Teaching Profession
* Micro-Macro Economic
* Study & Thinking Skills
* Life and Works of Rizal
* Facilitating Learning
* Law-Related Studies
* Group Guidance
* Asian Studies
* Earth Science
Licensure examination required in order to practice as High School Social Studies teacher in the Philippines
A graduate of BSEd in Social Studies in needs to pass the Licensure Examination for Teachers in order to practice the as a high school teacher in the Philippines. The examination is given by the Board of Professional Teachers under the supervision of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
Requirements for the Licensure Examination for Teachers
* Must be a holder of a degree in BSEd in Social Studies with academic credits on required subjects from a university recognized by the Philippine government. * Must have a copy of the Transcript of Records with Special order and date of graduation with remarks “FOR BOARD EXAMINATION PURPOSES ONLY” * Must not have any case filed or pending for moral turpitude in any court in the Philippines that involves moral turpitude * Must have an original copy of community tax certificate (cedula) * Must have a copy of the NSO authenticated birth certificate * Must be of good health
and sound mind
* Must be of good moral character
* Must be a Filipino Citizen
The current System of Education in the Philippines is in the brink of extinction, for a new Education System is being proposed. The existing system of 6 years in Elementary, and 4 years in Secondary before entering Tertiary is being challenged. In fact, a major reform in the Education System is on the horizon, and this shall radically change the way Filipinos are educated. Many queries arise ...
Career opportunities for graduates of BSEd in Social Studies in the Philippines
* High School Social Studies Teacher
* Area Studies Regional Specialist
* Cultural Resource Specialist
* Information specialist
* Foreign service officer
* Social Worker
Reviews of BSEd in Social Studies graduates:
Studied Bachelor of Secondary Education Major In Social Studies at University Of Santo Tomas , Manila
About my college education:
It is interesting and enjoyable. Challenging at times because you have you maintain such grade to still be in the Dean’s list. As an educator, hard work and patience are important. Interpersonal skills also because you are going to be in front of a hundred students a day or interacting with parents and fellow colleagues. Creativity – to be able to think motivations and activities that you are going to give your students. And of course, English, math, science, etc skills which depends on your major.
My current job:
✓ Perfectly related to Bachelor of Secondary Education Major In Social
Am I using what I learned in college:
When I am teaching, I always see to it to inculcate to my students the importance of one’s faith in God and also on how to be a good citizen of the country. I always include it on every lesson.
How long did it take to find a job after graduation:
Right after graduation, I got 5 job offers from different companies and schools. I even got an invitation to enter law school. I got a job right away after passing the board exam.
Do I recommend studying Bachelor of Secondary Education Major In Social Studies: Yes, educators are in demand in the country and also in other countries. It is indeed fulfilling because you get to serve others and share your knowledge and talent. The price? Appreciation, gratefulness and genuine love from your students. I was lucky enough to work on a private school where the salary is high.