Chapter 14 Quiz Review Name ________________________
Per ________ Date _____________
1. Identify the following salts as acidic, basic, or neutral
a. KBr ___________________________________
b. CuCl2 ___________________________________
c. NaHSO4 ___________________________________
d. KNO3 ___________________________________
2. Explain, using equations, why FeCl3 is corrosive.
3. Write the net equation for the reaction of
a. NH3 with HCl ____________________________________________________________
b. HNO3 with NaCH3COO ____________________________________________________________
c. HClO4 with Ba(OH)2 ____________________________________________________________
4. Given :methyl amine, CH3NH2
a. Write the equation for the dissociation of this weak base.
b. Calculate the pH of a .100M solution of methyl amine if the Kb was 1.0 x10 -5.
5. Given: CO3-2(aq) + H2O(l) ( HCO3-1(aq) + OH-1 (aq) determine which are Bronsted acids:
6. A solution is prepared by adding .200 liter of .0450 M HCl to .400 liter of .0200M HNO3. What is the pH of the final solution?
7. The Ka for HCN is 4.0 x 10-10.
If 5.00 gram of NaCN is placed into enough solution to make 1.00 liter, calculate the pH of the solution.
... the test tubes were they were soaked in the solution. The access solution left on the potato can be transferred to the ... 5 test tubes were labeled with their corresponding concentrations of solution. The concentrations consisted of 0m, .2m, .4m, .6m, .8m, and ... vacuole makes it stand tall (turgar pressure). In a hypertonic solution, the vacuoles lose water; the cytoplasm shrinks and chloroplast are ...
8. Name a diprotic acid: ______________________________________________
9. Spell: phenolphthalein ______________________________________________
10. Calculate the pH of 1.75 x 10-4 M barium hydroxide.
11. Calculate the pH of a 0.30 M solution of ammonium chloride. Kb = 1.8 x 10-5
12. Identify the Lewis acid and the Lewis base in the following reactions:
a. Boron trichloride reacts with chloride ion to produce [BCl 4]−
b. Nickel reacts with carbon monoxide to produce nickel tetracarbonyl [Ni(CO)4].
c. Ammonia reacts with acetic acid to produce ammonium acetate.
d. Sodium ions are solvated by water to produce Na+(aq)