To reach out the benefits of IT to common we need Internet, Affordable computers, S/w
1. 85% of computer usage is Word Processing
2. Browsing, e-mail, chat have changed out life-style of today
3. Emotion Containers can prevent people from acquiring bad habits
4. Personal Archives store personal details like family photographs and treasures
5. Kara-Oke allows one to sing along with the audio coming from the original
6. Robots function as Electronic pets to the children
7. Memo Frame allows easy interaction with other people through touch screen, scanner
8. ATM enable withdrawal of money from the user a/c anytime and anywhere
9. e-Banking permits banking from the comfort of the home by using internet
10. e-Learning enables online educational programs leading to degrees and certifications
11. Tele-Medicine is built on the foundational system namely Patient tracking system, Exchange of diagnostic records, Tracking and Monitoring Communicable diseases
12. The IT that helps in improving the quality of service to users is called ITES
13. ITES stands for IT Enabled Services
14. converting speech to letter is an example of ITES
15. BPO stands for Business Process Outsourcing
16. Call Center is defined as a telephone based shared service center
17. The ITES provider must ensure Data Security, Customer Privacy to an organization
18. Medical Transcription is the permanent, legal document that states result of medical investigation
Why do customers complain? In general, studies of consumer complaining behavior have identified four main purposes for complaining. 1. Obtain restitution or compensation. Often, consumers complain to recover some economic loss by seeking a refund, compensation, and/or have the service performed again. 2. Vent their anger. Some customers complain to rebuild self-esteem and/or to vent their anger ...
19. There are THREE steps involved Medical Transcriptions
20. The first step in Medical transcription is Hospitals signing up with a service provider, Doctor dictates into a free telephone, The sound is stored in server at the other end
21. The second step in Medical transcription is Sound is digitized by the ITES provider, Digitized data is converted back to sound Transcriptionists, listen to dictation & transcribe
22. The third step in Medical transcription is Transcription is sent to experts for correctness, Corrections are made if required, Reports are transmitted to hospital as a word doc.
23. Digitization is a process of converting non-digital material to digital form
24. Maps, manuscripts, moving images, sound material can be digitized
25. Donn Parker examined the unethical and illegal uses of computers by professionals
26. The general guideline on computer ethics is needed for Protection of Personal data, Computer Crime, Cracking
27. The personal data can be protected using Physical Security, Personal Security, Personnel Security
28. Physical Security is protecting the h/w, magnetic disks that can be damaged / destroyed
29. Personal Security refers to permit only authorized to access the system
30. The Personal security can be achieved using User Id and Password
31. Personnel Security is Protecting the data and computer against dishonesty / negligence of employees
32. Piracy is Making and using duplicate h/w, s/w
33. Virus is a self-replicating prg that can damage data, files, computer
34. There are 57000 known virus programs are in existence
35. Running some other s/w on idle machine without the knowledge of the organisation is Theft of Computer Time
36. Cracking is the illegal access to the network or computer system.
37. Illegal use of special resources is the key reason for cracking
Computer technology permeates most aspects of our lives. The ability to use computer technology and to evaluate electronic information has become a basic skill for most of people. In most places of business, a computer is standard. In the bank they use computers to look up for account information. They use computers in the auto repair shop to assess the cars. We can’t find books in the ...
1. List the elements we need to reach out the benefits of IT to the common man
We need THREE basic elements to reach out the benefits of IT to the common man
a) Connectivity [Computer networks and Internet facility]
b) Computers or other devices that can be easily purchaseable
c) Software to use
2. How are the computers used in areas of health care?
Computers are used in
a) Hospital management system
b) Patient Tracking System
c) Exchange of diagnostic records between the healthcare units
d) Tracking and Monitoring Communicable diseases.
3. How computers are used in Education?
a) Buying and browsing the latest edition of books.
b) Computer Based Tutorial [CBT] and Web Based Tutorial [WBT]
c) e-Learning enables on-line educational programs leading to degrees and certifications
4. Write about Home Banking and e-Shopping
a) e-Banking permits banking from the comfort of the home by using Internet facilities.
b) e-Shopping permits purchase of any product, any brand, any quantity from anywhere.
c) Advance payment, Credit cards, Prior registration are the popular methods in e-Shopping
5. How computers are used in Agriculture?
a) Farmers benefit from online resources such as seed estimators and pest information sites.
b) They can also use revenue estimators to plan the crops that produce the highest profits based on weather patterns, soil types and current market values.
c) Computers are used in
a. Farmland Assessment
b. Fertilizer Analysis
c. Milk Production
6. Mention any four ranges of ITES is the Data Management Category.
a) Data Entry
b) Document Preparation
c) Image Capturing
d) Image Keying
e) Outcome Studies
f) Statistical Analysis
7. Mention some areas where the digital technology is used.
a) Database Archiving
b) Electronic Catalogues and Brouchers
c) Engineering and Design
d) Movies, Sounds and High quality image preservation
e) Research Journals and Conference Papers
A computer virus is a program that is designed to damage your computer, programs, and files. Like a virus in a living thing, a computer virus can spread if it is not removed. Some viruses are more dangerous than others. One of the most common places for a computer virus to appear is on a file found on the Internet or attached to an E-mail. For example, you may have a virus that just pops a ...
8. In what way, web based services help us?
a) Computers help us in accessing services such as
i. Agriculture Marketing Network
ii. Career guidance
iii. Employment online
iv. General Provident Fund
v. Results of Various Examinations
9. What is ITES? Name some ITES services.
Information Technology that helps in improving the quality of service to the users is called IT Enabled Services.
Some of ITES are e-Governance, Call Centres, Data Management.
10. Write about the Data Security
Personal data is protected by using an appropriate combination of the following.
a) Physical Security : Refers to the protection of hardware from illegal access, stolen, damage or destroy
b) Personal Security : Refers to software setups that allows only authorised access to the system.
c) Personnel Security : Refers to protecting data and computer from dishonesty or negligence of employees
11. What is VIRUS?
A virus is a self-replicating prg that causes damage to data & files stored on our computer.
Around 57000 known virus programs are in existence.
6 new viruses are found each day.
They come in THREE flavours.
1. Boot Sector Virus
2. File Virus
3. Trojan Horse Virus
12. Define Cracking
Cracking is the illegal access to the network or computer system.
The key reason for cracking is illegal use of special resources.
The resources may be hardware, software, files or system information
13. Define Piracy
Making and using duplicate hardware and software is called as PIRACY.
The reasons for PIRACY are
1. We like free things.
2. Our thinking and actions are Self-Serving.
3. Want to benefit financially
14. What is Computer Crime?
A computer crime is any illegal activity using computer s/w, data or access the object.
Common crimes are Illegal access to files, Stealing hardware, H/w & S/w piracy, Virus, Cracking, Theft of Computer Time
15. What is Theft of Computer Time?
Using the idle time of computers in an organisation without the knowledge of the organisation is called as Theft of Computer Time.
Computer Virus It Is Contagious "Traces of the Stealth_c Virus have been found in memory. Reboot to a clean system disk before continuing with this installation " This was the message staring back at me from one of the computer monitors at my office. Questions raced through my mind. "Stealth_c?" "What's a system disk?" "How am I supposed to install anti-virus software if the computer system ...