1. List the advantages of a relational model specific to ACME Global Consulting.
The relational database model specified for the ACME Global Consulting organizes given data in table series. Each of the table has fields specified with specifications regarding the data type stored (Easytoteach, 2011).
The advantages of the relational model includes
• Conceptual simplicity, the model should be conceptually unsophisticated compared to the network and hierarchical models.
• Structural independence, with the specifications of the relational model for the ACME Global Consulting, any relative changes made on the structure should not affect the accessibility of data.
• Design implementation, the model specified is capable of archiving the structural independence and data independence.
• The model has query capability; the availability of the powerful, flexible, and simpler in usage capability is a significant reason behind the immense database model popularity.
• Flexibility, the model with the given differing tables that accommodates information has to link and have easy extraction for easy manipulation by the respective operators inclusive of projects and the join. This is to join and give the relevant information in the required form that is desired (Singh, 2009).
• Precision, this is significant in relation to the application of relational algebra and calculus for the manipulations of the link amid the given tables. This ensures that ambiguity is absent that may arisen following the establishment of linkages in a specified complex network database type (Singh, 2009).
Comparing and Contrasting the Relational Database Model and OO Model The relational database model is based upon tables or relations. In this model, the physical implementation of the database is abstracted away from the user. Users query the database using a high-level query language, such as SQL. The relations are made up of columns, which have headings indicating the attribute represented by ...
2. Summarize in your own words the purpose of an E-R model specific to ACME Global Consulting.
The application of the E-R model by the ACME Global Consulting enables the presentation of a powerful database design relatively significant to clients. The model provides consultants for the implementation of flexible and uncluttered design and assists in the verification of data requirements. This is before the proceeding made towards the specified actual implementation (Singh, 2009).
This also has an increment with the understanding of problems existing. The E-R model incorporates data modeling technique at a higher level laying down of the conceptual design significant for the database. It constitutes of the specified number of vital components inclusive of attributes, entities, and relationships for the ACME Global Consulting (Easytoteach, 2011).
The ACME Global Consulting team has the clear understanding of data requirements through the E-R that enables client interaction and discussions through data visual representations for the requirements of data to be verified for further steps. The E-R also enables the increment of communication with assistance in the integration of the relational database model. The schema diagram forms the basis for system database with ACME Global Consulting client’s solution with file designs for the specified file systems through an approach of data base conversion (Easytoteach, 2011).
3. List and describe essential components of the model such as entities, attributes, keys, relationships, roles, and dependencies specific to ACME
The essential components includes
Entity is the name of the real world concept having physical existence. A relative example of the specified entity is the client for the company’s client management solution (Easytoteach, 2011).
The Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD) depicts a conceptual data model that incorporates some of the important scientific information about the real world. It adopts a natural view that the real world consists of entities and relations (Chen, 1976). One objective of the ERD is to create a simple, easy to understand and conveniently presented data model consisting of entities, attributes, ...
Attributes, the properties relating to the specified entity are the attributes including address, names given to the entity clients specific to ACME Global Consulting (Easytoteach, 2011).
Relationship, the term refers to the rate at which entities relates to each other. The differing relationship types in the E-R includes
• The one to one connection, which involves only one instance of the entity to the other related instance of another different entity
• One to numerous relationships involving one instance of the specified entity relating to the other second entity instances
• Majority to the one relationship, the majority of the forts entity relates to the only substantial instance of the specified second relationship.
• Majority to majority relationships, which involves the majority of instances of the specified first relationship relating to the rest of the instances of the relating entity
Keys, the given number of constraints employed on the maintenance of data integrity enables procedural preservation. The substantial keys that are supported by the E-R model includes
• The primary key, this reflects the significant attribute having the unique values as underlined in the E-R model.
• The foreign key, this is the vital key of the specified table. It relates to the other table for relative functional dependency.
4. Describe the need for the enhanced E-R model and how we can create sophisticated models to help us in complex environments
The enhanced E-R model is significant since it contains the significant data types, classes, specialization concepts and generalization provided in the model. The enhanced E-R model applies to the ACME Global Consulting for clear reflection of the data requirements of the specified system. All the strategized details in the E-R assist in the layout of all star basic details of data necessities inclusive of the data nature. The enhanced E-R model is significant since the specialization and generalization involved assists in the description of the attributes shared amid the differing entities (Khan et al, 2011).
The creation of the sophisticated models involves the application of interviews, workshops, and meetings techniques as a means of understanding the requirement elicitation. The requirements should be addresses with clients concerns with member studying the specified system for the necessary processes involved as facing by the current system. For the successful creation of the sophisticated models, the requirements elicited must be accomplished (Khan et al, 2011).
1. What is the business-government-society (BGS) field and what is its importance? 2. Explain the Four basic models of the BGS relationship Introduction: Business, government and society are fundamental in this world. Business satisfies human’s needs by providing them products and services in exchange for profit. Government is a structure and process in society that with authority makes and ...
5. Outline and describe the advantage of using the relational model.
The major advantages of applying the relational model include data manipulation retrieval and security. The authorization and security control implementation are easier through the movement of sensitive attributes in the specified table. This is into the separate relation with authorization controls. When the authorization necessitates permits, the specified attribute is joined with the rest to enable information retrieval in full (Khan et al, 2011).
The manipulation of the data language involves the possibility of making a response to the ad-hoc specifications through language means basing on the relational algebra with calculus. For the data organized with the other related structure, the query language, therefore, it is extremely capability has limitations (Khan et al, 2011).
6. Create an E-R diagram using graphical depicting software that could theoretically be applicable in a restaurant application.
The set representation of the diagram depicting the entity types
A diagram representing the relationship type with inverse received
What is Relational Model, Advantages and Disadvantages of Relational Model. Retrieved from http://easy2teach.net/database/what-is-relational-model-advantages-and-disadvantages-of-relational-model
Khaled M. Khan, Mahesha Kapurubandara & Urvashi Chadha. (2011).
Incorporating Business Requirements and Constraints in Database Conceptual Models. Proceeding of the first Asian-Pacific conference on Conceptual modeling, Volume 31, pp: 59-64, Australian Computer Society, Inc.) Singh, S. K. (2009).
Database Systems: Concepts, Design and Applications. E Rutherford: Prentice Hall Imprint.
Abstraction, Data Independence – Query Languages – Efficiency (for most tasks) – Security – Data Integrity Data Models DBMS models real world • Data Model is link between user’s view of the world and bits stored in computer • Many models exist • We think in terms of.. – Relational Model (clean and common) – Entity-Relationship model (design) – XML Model (exchange) Student (sid: string, name: ...