OUR OWN ENGLISH HIGH SCHOOL
TRANSPORT OF SUBSTANCES IN ANIMALS AND PLANTS
1) A major method by which transport of materials occurs in a single celled organism is known as
a) Diffusion b) osmosis c) both a) and b) d) none of these
a) Produces a cooling effect which helps in preventing hot sunlight
b) Results in transport of water and minerals from the soil to the leaves
c) Both a) and b)
d) None of these
3) For circulation of blood there are two system of pipes
a) 1 large, 1 small meeting at a central pumping station
b) 1 left , 1 to the right both meeting at a central pumping station
c) Both of a) & b )
d) All the above
4) Veins lie closer to
a) Surface of heart b) surface of thigh c) surface to the skin and can be seen as greenish blue lines .d) none of these
5) Pulse rate can be measured by
a) Manually by feeling the pulse on the wrist
b) Feeling the pumping of heart
c) Using an instrument called stethoscope
d) None of these
Match the following
1) A technique of separating small molecules from larger ones using a semipermiable membrane
2) The pulse rate can be measured by using an instrument called .
International transport and distribution Introduction Transport and distribution are key considerations when planning for international trade. Choosing the right mode of transport is essential to ensure your import or export operation is efficient and cost-effective. There are four ways of importing and exporting from overseas - road, rail, air and sea. When making your choices, you will also need ...
3) Each kidney consist of a large number of coiled tubes called.
4) Pipes for transport in man
5) A living pump .
6) Excretion of carbon dioxide and water vapour produced during respiration is done in .
7) The process of removal of waste product
1) Excretion 2) lungs 3) Heart 4) Arteries & Veins 5) Dialysis
6) Nephrones 7) Stethoscope
Name the following
1) In spirogyra transport of materials takes place by this process.
2) It is the process of getting rid of waste materials in living beings
3) These are the substances in RBC that link up with oxygen
4) It helps in excretion of urea , salt and excess water
5) These are the long tubes by which kidney are connected to the urinary bladder _________.
6) The blood vessel in which blood is going away from the heart to all parts of the body_______.
Answer the following
1) If a person drinks very little water per day , in what way does it affect the body.
2) Excretion is a process to eliminate waste products. Justify.
3) Name the waste products removed by the following parts
a) Skin, b) kidney c) lungs d) large intestine.
4)What are the functions of the following parts of the heart
a) Aorta b) Pulmonary artery c) Pulmonary vein d) valves