1. Showing concern about the dwindling importance of teaching profession in the eyes of youth, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that there is need to find out why the value of a teacher has lost its sheen and why students don’t want to be teachers when they grow up.
2. The Prime Minister said there is a great demand for good teachers in the world, and India being a young country should be able to produce good quality teachers for the world.
3. PM Modi talked about the importance of teachers and called for the need of creating good quality teachers in the country who could be ‘exported’ to the world. He said people who had achieved something in life and taken to a profession such as doctors and engineers should teach students in a school for one period in a week.
4. Talking about the significance of Teachers’ Day, PM Modi remembered Dr Radhakrishnan and said serving the nation does not only mean doing grand things; doing small things is a big service to the nation.
5. PM Modi reiterated what he had said on his Independence-Day speech of having toilet facilities for girl students in every school.
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that nation building should become a national movement and every individual should be associated with it.
7. Giving encouragement to girl-education, PM said an educated girl further educates at least two more families.
8. Inspirational lives of great personalities help in shaping our character, PM Modi called the students to read biographies to explore about the lives of great people.
A nation does not live by its big buildings, dams or factories. A nation can live it of its people. There is a proverb that child is the fathers of man. Who is this child? He is generally a school or collage student. So his constructive role is so important that he look like a serious father managing his household. Naturally a student of today is a responsible citizen of tomorrow. So it is easily ...
9. Describing himself as a ‘taskmaster’, PM Modi said he worked hard and expected the same from others. He added he expected work to be completed on time.
1O. Modi concluded his speech by saying that a teacher must play an important role through a person’s life. A teacher-student relationship must always be nurtured. Keep the child in you alive. Keep smiling and playing.