Ways To Save Electricity.
Electricity usage is on the rise making it more important than ever to find ways to save electricity. Even if you have use alternative electricity options such as solar power or wind power it is still important to watch your energy usage so your purchase can be cost effective. Finding ways to save electricity can be as simple as replacing all of the light bulbs in your home or office with newer energy efficient light bulbs. When you wash clothes, choose cold water, because over ninety percent of the energy a washer uses goes into heating the water. During warm, sunny weather hang your clothes out on a clothesline. Not only will you save money by not running a dryer and eliminate a source of indoor heat, but you will find that the sun whitens and brightens clothes as well as saves on wear and tear. After all, dryer lint is produced by the process of your garments wearing out. Turning your computer off when it is not in use can save money and greenhouse gas emissions. The simple act of turning lights, television sets, computers and other electronic devices off when they are not in use is one of the easiest ways to save energy. Using fans, opening windows and lowering blinds is an easy way to lower your energy usage in the warm months. You can use several fans for a fraction of the amount of energy that one air conditioner uses. If you do use an air conditioner, take the time to maintenance it. Simple steps such as keeping leaves and debris away from the exterior condenser, keeping the condenser coils clean and replacing or cleaning the filter every other week can significantly reduce an air conditioners energy usage.
Electricity consumption is something we do out of habit and unintentionally. We develop our habits based on our needs, hobbies, works, entertainment and enjoyments. We never really aware of how much we use daily and how much the source of energy is left in this world. We are named as screen generation, it means we all depending on electronic stuffs to complete and help us out in our daily life. We ...
1. Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
2. Unplug things when you are not using them.
3. Turn off the television.
4. Open shades instead of turning on lights.
5. Instead of leaving your computer on all the time, turn it off or at least the monitor
6. Cleaning the coils on your refrigerator .
7. Try using a Solar Cooker once
8. use solar panels
9. When cooking, use a lid to keep the heat in.
10. Stay away from high power usage TV models
11. Use power strips and turn off the entire strip when not in use.
12. Buy a solar power battery charger
13. Use fluorescent tubes in preference incandescent bulbs. Fluorescent lamps are three (3) times more efficient and last ten (10) times longer.
14. Consider the purchase of compact fluorescent lamps/luminaries (CFL).
These lamps produce less heat and last longer.