A Canadian company, Naturally Nova Scotia, makes supplements from foods instead of synthetics. The have vitamin C from fruit, herbal tinctures, green drinks, vitamin D3, and others.
[url=http://www.naturallynovascotia.com]Supplements from Foods[/url]
A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supply nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fatty acids or amino acids, that are missing or are not consumed in sufficient quantity in a person’s diet. Some countries define dietary supplements as foods, while in others they are defined as drugs.
Supplements containing vitamins or dietary minerals are recognised by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, the United Nations’ highest authority on food standards, as a category of food.
In the United States, a dietary supplement is defined under the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act of 1994 (DSHEA) as a product that is intended to supplement the diet and contains any of the following dietary ingredients:
* a vitamin
* a mineral
* an herb or other botanical (excluding tobacco)
* an amino acid
* a dietary substance for use by people to supplement the diet by increasing the total dietary intake, or
There are so many dietary food supplements out on the market today. Most of them cause side effects that cause these products to rust on the shelves. Others actually work, it just depends on the person. Some of these supplements claim to be a fat absorber that you take before you eat which makes you absorb less fat in your body. Others claim to make you not hungry which is not healthy at all. You ...
* a concentrate, metabolite, constituent, extract, or combination of any of the above
Furthermore, it must also conform to the following criteria:
* intended for ingestion in pill, capsule, tablet, powder or liquid form
* not represented for use as a conventional food or as the sole item of a meal or diet
* labeled as a “dietary supplement”
The hormones DHEA (a steroid), pregnenolone (also a steroid) and the pineal hormone
melatonin are marketed as dietary supplements in the US.