A possible future Occupation
You will choose an occupation to research (consider one of the ones you used for your NOC assignment).
You must list the websites that you used (at least 3 different ones) at the end of this assignment. In point form, in your own words answer the following questions:
1. List the duties/activities people in this occupation do when they are at work. What is a typical day on the job like?
Ex. A teacher prepares lessons, delivers lessons, marks assignments, interacts with students, etc.
2. What type of education/training is necessary for this occupation (apprenticeship, college, university, etc.) Give 3 examples of institutions where you could study and name the programs of study. Use Ontario schools.
Ex. To become a teacher, you could take the concurrent education program at Trent University or Queen’s University, etc.
3. What skills are required for this occupation (do you have to be good with numbers? Creative? Patient? Energetic? Sociable? Logical?)
Ex. Teachers should be good communicators, good with people, organized, etc.
4. What is the annual salary for this occupation? Is there a difference between those just starting out and those who have more experience?
Ex. Beginning teachers in the TDSB can make X amount of dollars, while experienced teachers can make Y amount. (This information is available online if you are interested)
High school and university are two important levels of every education’s foundation in the world. It educates students and gives them the knowledge to help them promote their ability position in the future. The first similarity thing is both of them, high school and university, have the same purpose and benefits. Students in high school and university will be educated by teacher through giving ...
5. What are the working conditions? Do you work indoors or outdoors? Do you work with people or by yourself? Is there dangerous equipment involved? Consider the advantages and disadvantages.
Ex. Teachers work primarily indoors with a number of students varying in age. Depending on what they teach, they may work with different types of equipment …
6. Does this career appeal to you? Why or why not?
Example: Career Cruising, www.careercruising.com, April 27, 2010. (Name of site, address, date you accessed it)
Some tips to help you:
• Use the National Occupation Classification system – we have already used this website.
• Use Career Cruising : www.careercruising.com
• Username: Toronto
• Password: 40840
• Go to university/college/Ontario youth apprenticeship websites to see if they have to programs that you would need.