Selection Process (Sales Team)
Key components of the selection process:
1. The job description & person specification for the sales team leader:
First, the main objective of the role will be to lead the team. Secondly, to assist the sale manager in leading, directing and motivating the sales team. Also in revising and implementing the sales strategies plans. The sales team leader will be responsible for successfully implementing operational sales plans and achieve team sales targets & objectives Furthermore, handle customer issues, resolution and communicate escalated issues to the sales manager. Moreover, create reports showing sales percentage, install percentage, attendance etc. Not only will lead the sales team, the sales team leader will also be given a personal sales target, which will count towards his team’s targets. At the same time, it will be his overall responsibility working closely with the area manager and other team leader and manager to ensure that the sales teams are achieving their objectives and have the right skills and coaching to over exceed. In addition, the sales team leader will monitor each team member and provide ongoing feedback on areas to improve and identify needs, offering full support and guidance (1).
... a team leader should communicate the team’s purpose and objectives to its members. A team leader should communicate with team members their purpose and objectives for a ... to be communicated as simply as possible. Measurable – targets are to be communicated so that they are measurable in ...
After a while, the team leader will carry out performance reviewed with the team, work closely to mentor, and give clear objectives in their performance to get the best results. The sales team leader should have excellent communication and influencing skills and be reliable, trustworthy and a strong motivational leader. In addition, he must have previous exposure to leading a sales team preferably in a promotional. He should be strong leadership qualities, have 2-3 years experience in food manufacturing company. Finally, the sales team leader should be strong analytical mind with high level of maturity.
2. The job description & person specification for the sales team representatives:
First, the sale representative should make the wholesale and retail buyers interested in our products. He has to demonstrate our products and increase sales. The sales representative presents our products to a customer and negotiates the sale. He can make persuasive sales in person or over the phone. Preparing action plans and schedules to identify specific targets, to develop & maintain sales materials and current product knowledge. He should follow-up for collection of payment. It is better to record any interactions with clients and their respective sales to match their future needs and sales potential. On the other hand, the sales representative must be pleasant and outgoing personality. In addition, must be committed, positive & hardworking. Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Also, able to persuade and influence others. Moreover, he should be excellent persuasive telephone and face-to-face manner & have outstanding communication skills. He must have a valid driving license. Finally, the sales representative should have knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques (2).
3. Job Advertisements:
When completing preparing the job description and the person specification, the job advertisement should be written and will be announced or placed in the newspapers or post it on the internet, but its better to post it online, because it has become the fastest growing method for job hunters & employers alike and encouraging visitors to add their resumes to the sites. In addition, it is cost-effective and easy to update regularly.
... proof. It is not “the job” and therefore what happens during the interview might not be representative of what one would actually ... an interview including: many technical skills, team skills, intelligence, attitude, and physical skills. Giving them a work sample or test is ... or even harm product sales. Candidates are forced to lie to their boss — because most interviews are held during work hours ...
4. Processing on the C.V ( Shortlisting ) :
After the closing date, all applications or C.V for an advertised post will be sent to the key recruiter by the Human Resources Department, and shortlisting should take place as soon as possible. Shortlisting must be based on the information provided by the candidate in the application or C.V, and personal knowledge of any candidate should not be used to fill in any gaps in the application and only applicants who meet all of the essential criteria should be considered for interview.
5. Selection Methods:
When finishing from collecting & filtering the applications, you should begin making interviews. The job interviews are very important because the good interviews processes and methods increase the quality of people in an organization. Poor Job interviews methods result in poor selection, which undermines organizational capabilities, wastes management time, and increases staff turnover. In addition, it helps managers to fill the gab in the information obtained through the application blanks. Interviews also enable the management to make an impact on the job applicant’s view of the organization, apart from assessing his job-related behavior and attitude.
Recruitment and selection tests are part of the selection process. It can be split into aptitude tests (test of physical ability, mental ability, analogous test), psychometric tests, personality test (the individual is rated for being persuasive, socially confident, competitive, independent & optimistic) and this is very important for the sales team specially the sales representatives because they deal with customers.
3. Assessment Centre:
Assessment center assist the whole process by giving candidates experience of a microcosm of the job while testing them on work-related activities as individuals and in groups (3).
We can send the team leaders to assess existing performance and predict future job performance. The assessment centre will encouraged them to believe the job or organization fits their values and have chance to see what they can do in a variety of situations.
1. The Differences between Selecting the Sales Team Leaders & the Sales Representatives:
... setting up weekly goals and overall management of the team. Successful team leaders must equip their organizations with the strategies, structures, ... for a computer hardware company for recording all daily sales and purchase transactions and also record distributors information in ... quality assurance department is presenting false test reports that everything is being tested in order to look better in ...
We should consider that there are differences between selecting the sales team leaders & the sales representatives, so we will not have skills gab. The educational backgrounds of sales team leaders vary widely. Leaders should hold bachelor’s degrees and must be qualified, because they are responsible for assisting in training, developing & motivating sales team members after that measuring the performance of the sales team, that to ensure attainment of projected sales and gross profit levels. However, there is no formal educational requirement for sales representatives & especially in our company because they present food product not technical or scientific products. The leaders should have 2-3 years experience in same field. The sales representatives should had taken courses in marketing, communication or even a foreign language and have the ability to learn from new training courses. The leaders should have strong personality to lead the team, but the sale representatives should have pleasant personality and appearance. Patience and perseverance are also keys to completing a sale, which can take up to several months (4).
4. Induction Information:
Induction is an essential part of the recruitment process. A good induction programme gives a good first impression and will make new staff feel welcome. The new sales team will need to familiarize themselves with our business, products, employees and the customers. Therefore, the induction process should cover the following:
• Individual level: it is the manager’s responsibility to ensure that staff new to our company are furnished with the information necessary to enable them to commence work and that they are given a copy of all relevant employment policies and procedures. Also, should discuss the individual’s training needs with them and book them onto any appropriate training courses like communication skills courses, face to face and telephonic training courses for the sales representatives, but for the leaders they should take training in team building, judgment and analysis and problem solving. Newly joined staff will be allowed to avail privilege leave after completion of minimum 6 months service period. To draw their attention that there will be very competitive salary and benefits package. The company normal work hours will be from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday to Thursday & there will be 1-hour break from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. In addition, the induction information on individual level should indicate: payment methods, expenses, salary increase and rewards, welfare & benefits, such as sports and social facilities, sickness and absence procedures.
... Team Leader of Distribution and Warehousing’ – a frontline management position. There are 12 team members in my team from different backgrounds and with differing levels ... performance indicators appropriately. For example in quite period annual sales target should be achieved each month – if ... section if someone have good skills and experience in sales department I would prefer him to look after ...
• Job/task level: To give them information about our products & make sure they are completely familiar with the product that they supply and how these might differ from the rest of the market place. To provide them with lists or databases of customers so that they know the types of individuals or organizations that you cater for. Moreover, smoking inside the company’s premises is strictly prohibited. In addition, it is likely to include knowledge of general rules & regulations, fire & evacuation procedures, relevant aspects of health & safety, and work procedures (including, for example, security).
• Support at departmental level: The leader should make meeting every month with the Service Quality & Customer Care department to see customer satisfaction of our product. In addition, the leader should deals with his team members and has good communications with all departments’ staff, but the sales representatives should deals with the customers more than his colleagues in the company.
• Organizational level: to give them the basic knowledge they will need about our business sector and who our competitors are. Explain to them where the managers want the business to go. Are there any new markets into which the managers aim to move or types of custom they want to attract? How do they intend to get there?
1- : 2009,October 23)
2- //www.reed.co.uk/job-details/sales/ (Accessed: 2009,October 23)
3- //www.businesslink.gov.uk (Accessed: 2009,October 24)
4- //resources.bnet.com/topic/recruitment+and+selection.html(Accessed: 2009,October 24)
5- //www.recruitactive.com (Accessed: 2009,October 29)
... of not explaining any details relating to the travel product is that the customer may make claims against the agency if they ... away from the CBD. With many more benefits such as, access to guest internet office which could be of use to ... Access and Interpret Product Information Question 1- Scenario Mr and Mrs Smythe and their ...
6- //www.erecruitment.com/Wrapper/Main.asp (Accessed: 2009,October 29)