For the specified case study, create a summary of user requirements and a PC Specifications Table in Microsoft Word 2010. A copy of that case study appears at the bottom of this document. This Word 2010 document will include a two-paragraph summary that classifies the user type and identifies the PC category(ies) that will be recommended and Word tables that identify and contain the hardware and software requirements to meet the selected case study requirements. Students are expected to conduct external research to adequately address all aspects of the assignment requirements. Any outside sources should be correctly cited in APA style at the end of the table. Students will need to include specific requirements from the case study to show why each item is being recommended. Each element listed below must be incorporated into the assignment – omissions will result in loss of points.
This project is valued at 14 possible points and the final total of points will be adjusted in the rubric after it is graded to reflect 14 possible points for this project.
Writing Quality for the Two Page Narrative
* Grammar, Verb Tenses, Pronoun Use, Spelling, Punctuation, and Writing Competency.
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Evolution of Fort Wayne Plant The Fort Wayne plant facility, originally from WILMEC, was constructed in mid-1960’s specifically to manufacture the type of custom machine called a “large vertical”. In 1985, WILMEC moved its “medium horizontal” production capability to Fort Wayne, Indiana. After 5 years, GE Inc. abandoned its custom machine business and ...
*Remember: spell-check, then proofread. Better yet, have a friend or colleague read it before submitting it. Read it out loud to yourself.
* Remember: there is not their, your is not you’re, its is not it’s, too is not to or two, site is not cite, and who should be used after an individual, not that. For example, “the person WHO made the speech” not “the person THAT made the speech.”
* In a professional paper one does not use contractions (doesn’t, don’t, etc.) and one does not use the personal you or your. Use the impersonal as I have in the previous sentence. It is more business-like than saying, “Also in a professional paper you don’t use contractions.”
* Use the impersonal as in the sentence immediately above. It is more business-like than saying, “Also in a professional paper you don’t use contractions.”
Requirement| Points Allocated| Comments|
Set normal text to Arial, 12 point.| 0.25| This is the font in normal paragraphs. Heading and title fonts may be a larger size.| Title Page which shows title and author’s (student’s) name.| 0.25| The title must be, “PC Specification for_[insert user name]”| Write a brief 2-paragraph narrative that categorizes the user type, identifies the category of PC (s) required, and summarizes your recommendations. | 0.5| Two well-written, concise and organized paragraphs not to exceed one-half a page.| Create a table that shows the various required hardware components. The table should have all the necessary columns, rows, and column headings to show the following: * Input Devices – Identify each type and show which specific user requirements are met * Output Devices – Identify each type and show which specific user requirements are met * Communication Devices – Identify each type and show which specific user requirements are met * Storage Devices – External (including portable) storage devices and show which specific user requirements are met
* Other Peripheral Devices – Identify each type and show which specific user requirements are met| 2.0| The table must be labeled “Hardware Table.”| Create a table that shows the various required system unit features. The table should have all the necessary columns, rows, and column headings to show the following: * Processor – Include type and clock speed and state how processor type and clock speed meets specific user’s requirements in the mini case * RAM – Include type and amount and state how RAM type and amount meets specific user’s requirements in the mini case * Adapter Cards – Identify each type and show which specific user requirements are met * Ports – Include types, how many of each type, and show which specific user requirements are met
... number of simultaneous users to be supported (c) Amount and type of information to be handled Static numerical requirements are sometimes identified under a ... considered part of the requirements. Tables on the following pages provide alternate ways to structure section 3 on the specific requirements. You should pick ...
* Storage Devices – Identify internal system unit storage devices, size of hard drive, and state how each storage device and the hard drive size recommended meets specific user’s requirements in the mini case| 2.0| The table must be labeled “System Unit Features Table.”| Create a table that shows the various required Application Software. The table should have all the necessary columns, rows, and column headings to show the following: * Identify types, recommend specific product names, and show which specific user requirements are met| 2.0| The table must be labeled “Application Software Table.”| Create a table shows that the various required System Software.
The table should have all the necessary columns, rows, and column headings to show the following: * Operating System – Identify a specific operating system and version * Utility Programs – Include a comprehensive list and state how each utility program meets specific user’s requirements in the mini case| 2.0| The table must be labeled “System Software Table.”| Create a table that shows the required Internet connectivity and Web-hosted applications and services. The table should have all the necessary columns, rows, and column headings to show the following: * Identify the specific type of ISP that should be used for Internet connectivity * Identify the specific Web services that should be used * State how the ISP type and Web services that were identified meets specific user’s requirements in the case study| 1.0| The table must be labeled “Internet Connectivity & Web Services Table.”| TOTAL:| 10| |
The final total will be scaled to reflect 14 possible points.
PC Specification Mini Case
Specific Licensing Requirements The paper presents the list of health care professionals who must be licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Health-Related Boards Description, Regulation, Examinations, Changes Chiropractic The "Pennsylvania Chiropractic Law Examination" is no longer required. The applicants must complete a "Pennsylvania Chiropractic Legal Review" page. Parts I - ...
Your office has outgrown its old desktop machines and is in the market for new PCs, but would like some guidance on what to purchase. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) wants to ensure that the office obtains PC machines that meet the requirements stated below. You, as the IT Procurement Officer for your small educational company, have been tasked by the CIO to procure 5 PCs.
The CIO has defined some capabilities that the PCs will need to have to ensure optimal performance. These tasks and system needs are collectively the office’s requirements. The requirements are as follows:
1. Create documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and send and receive email
2. Participate in online chat rooms to include video conferences, web courses and forums (the CIO is a part-time professor at a local university)
3. Create and edit audio and video files and share video and audio files via emails, bulletin boards and in chat rooms
4. Create small databases to manage all audio, video and photo data
5. Take high quality digital photos and videos and download them to the PC as well as scan and edit the photos.
6. Print documents to include photo quality color printing
7. Save documents to pdf and other image formats
8. Transfer information (audio, video and photos) between PC machines
9. Manage the CIO’s schedule by using an online calendar and day planner
10. Utilize the internet to make online purchases, conduct banking services and research new audio, video and photo editing methods using a broadband service.
11. Connect all required peripheral devices you deem necessary to the system unit
12. Protect the PC and all components from dirty electrical power including under voltage (brownout or blackout) and overvoltage (power surge or spike)
13. Manage and protect the system, data, and information while working on the Internet including scanning all incoming emails, email attachments, and files downloaded from Web-based sources; firewall, virus and spyware (security) protection; and checking websites for phishing and fraudulent activities