Top 10 Ways to Prevent an Accident
1. Carefully look both ways — twice — before entering an intersection. It’s easy to miss an oncoming car at first glance because it’s hidden by your car’s windshield frame. A second look only takes a second and it might avoid a serious collision.
doubt that we’ll ever be able to completely eliminate accidents from occurring on the road, but I’m sure that there’s many things that could be done to reduce their occurrence and severity…
– Increased amounts of lighting, particularly in trouble spots that have frequent accidents during low visibility conditions
– Elimination of new highway construction projects that do not implement divided lanes…get rid of the concrete barrier currently separating the lanes and replace it with a wider open area (at least where it is geometrically feasible)
– Reduce lane widths by a foot and increase the shoulder by the difference (that extra foot doesn’t make a big difference when you’re paying attention, but can be a lifesaver when you really need to use that recovery area!)
– One stop light per lane at signalized intersections
– Ban drivers under 18 or 19 from using a cellphone while driving
– Harsher punishments for drivers with multiple DUI offenses
– Don’t allow simulators to be used during drivers education courses
... speeding. •Bad condition of Roads and absence of different lanes. •Driver /Rider’s ignorance of Road conditions, Road signs and the Environmental ... main causes of the increasing death rates in the Road Accidents are: •Not knowing or not adopting correct driving habits. ... for the fellow users can reduce congestions, traffic jams and accidents. All road users must ensure that they •Obey traffic ...
– Increase the duration a driver has to have their permit prior to receiving their license
– Parents can actually take responsibility for their children by actually driving with their kids the required time (300 hours, is it?) instead of just signing off!!!!
3 years ago Accidents Quotes
Accident is the name of the greatest of all inventors.
By accident of fortune a man may rule the world for a time, but by virtue of love he may rule the world forever.
Sometimes accidents happen in life from which we have need of a little madness to extricate ourselves successfully.
François de la Rochefoucauld
There are no accidents without intentions.
Accidents will occur in the best-regulated families.
Accidents, try to change them — it’s impossible. The accidental reveals man.
Man blames fate for other accidents, but feels personally responsible when he makes a hole in one.
I never did anything by accident, nor did any of my inventions come by accident; they came by work.
To what happy accident is it that we owe so unexpected a visit?
Substance is not enough, accident is also required.
I don’t believe in accidents. There are only encounters in history. There are no accidents.
An accident is an inevitable occurrence due to the actions of immutable natural laws.
An accidental meeting is more pleasant than a planned one.
When a rich man falls they say it was an accident; when a poor man falls they say that he was drunk.
Accidents are no accidents. Like everything else in our lives, we create them. Accidents are expressions of anger. They indicate built-up frustrations resulting from not feeling the freedom to speak up for one’s self.
But in the end, science does not provide the answers most of us require. Its story of our origins and of our end is, to say the least, unsatisfactory. To the question, “How did it all begin?”, science answers, “Probably by an accident.” To the question, “How will it all end?”, science answers, “Probably by an accident.” And to many people, the accidental life is not worth living. Moreover, the science-god has no answer to the question, “Why are we here?” and, to the question, “What moral instructions do you give us?”, the science-god maintains silence.
1. What is the command to view the current Linux Kernel parameters? The command that will allow you to see the Kernel parameters is sysctl –a. 2. What command can you run to list all the kernels available parameters one screen at a time with the ability to move forward and backwards on the output? The command that would you to do accomplish this would be the less /proc/modules 3. What is the ...
A discovery is said to be an accident meeting a prepared mind.
Nothing under the sun is accidental, least of all that of which the intention is so clearly evident.
*Ephraim Gotthold* Lessing
Let a wrong-doing repeat itself at least three times: the first may be an accident, the second a mistake, but the third is likely to be intentional.
A car crash harnesses elements of eroticism, aggression, desire, speed, drama, kinesthetic factors, the stylizing of motion, consumer goods, status — all these in one event. I myself see the car crash as a tremendous sexual event really: a liberation of human and machine libido (if there is such a thing).
J. G. Ballard