Holden tells her he likes Allie (who Phoebe then remarks that he’s dead and doesn’t count), and that he likes talking and spending time with her.
He was getting teased and pressured to take something he said back. But he didn’t He wants to stop little kids from loosing their innocence and growing up by catching them. He wants to save people from their falls and catch them before things happen They are dancing and Phoebe was about to show him how she can make her own forehead hot.
She gives him all of her Christmas money, and Holden cries because she is so young but so generous.
He means that Holden is going to hit rock bottom and perhaps lose it or not want to do anything. His life is going to spiral out of control.
Mr. Antolini tells Holden that he needs to find some
a note that says “The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”
10. Mr. Antolini was petting his head.
11. He sleeps at the Grand Central Station
12. He wants to see her before he leaves, as well as give her back her money.
13. He waits for Phoebe in the museum.
14. Phoebe is riding the carousel.
15. He is talking about if you get tell people things you start to get to know each other and get attached. When they are gone, you miss them. And when you start missing those people, like a vicious cycle, you will start missing everybody else.
... all others. 4. Phoebe and Allie have both greatly influenced Holden s life because they are the only two people in his life ... the carousel Then the carousel started, and I watched her go around and around (page 211). Phoebe s on this ride, enjoying ... he gave up looking or trying, without even really getting started. The two main opposite conditions in this quote isn t ...