If you have not heard or is not sure what SWOT analysis is, here’s a short information from Wikipedia. *SWOT analysis is a strategic planning method used to evaluate the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats involved in a project or in a business venture. It involves specifying the objective of the business venture or project and identifying the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieve that objective. The technique is credited to Albert Humphrey, who led a convention at Stanford University in the 1960s and 1970s using data from Fortune 500 companies.
A SWOT analysis must first start with defining a desired end state or objective. A SWOT analysis may be incorporated into the strategic planning model. Strategic Planning has been the subject of much research.
Strengths: characteristics of the business or team that give it an advantage over others in the industry. Weaknesses: are characteristics that place the firm at a disadvantage relative to others. Opportunities: external chances to make greater sales or profits in the environment. Threats: external elements in the environment that could cause trouble for the business.
1. 2nd most peaceful province in the PH (What province is the #1, Russel?)
2. Nearest island province from Mega Manila
3. Three commercials seaports and a domestic airport
4. Lots of tourist spots such as waterfalls, white sand beaches, caves, underground rivers, century- old houses and churches
A Stylistic Analysis of Business English Writings Liu Biao A Thesis Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of the Requirements for the Degree of B.A. in English Supervisor Yu Qiu SCHOOL OF FOREIGN LANGUAGES SOUTHWEST UNIVERSITY May 10, 2012 Acknowledgements My deepest gratitude goes first and foremost to Professor Yu Qiu, my supervisor, for her constant encouragement and guidance. She has helped me walk ...
5. Moriones festival, 6-star Bellaroca resort
6.Hospitable residents, unique and one of a kind cultural heritage-Putong and Kalutang
1. Too much politics in the province. Crab Mentality and kanya-kanya system
2. Unstable power and Water Supply thus no major industries in the province
3. Poor Health facilities and Hospital
4. Lack of rooms, schools and facilities
5. Farming and Fishing are the main livelihood in the province yet marinduque is still dependent from its neighboring provinces with its rice supply and some vegetables and fruits are still coming all the way from Baguio, Manila, Calabarzon which can be locally produced. Insufficient Farm to market roads and irrigation facilities
1.Marinduque has the great potential to become a top tourist destination in the PH. We have the tourist spots, hospitable marinduquenos and the huge market is just 200 + kms away. We need to use all medium to promote our province. 2. Provide long- term solution for marinduque’s power and water supply issues 3. Our Local Government should provide a clear plan and vision for our province 4. May I add: Opportunities to promote the province as the ecotourism capital of the Philippines
1. Floods and Landlines / Erosions–denuded forest
2. Dams at the interior Marinduque that would bring huge floods to Boac and Mogpog e
3. Earthquakes, fires and volcanic eruption. Is Marinduque prepared as a province if these calamities happen in the near future? I doubt it!