1. How many employees must a company have to be covered under FMLA? __50_______ 2. A company can be inconsistent in their disciplinary actions and procedures if they don’t know any better.
3. Which one of these laws has to do with protection for employees 40 – years and older? ADA
I am an employer, and one of my employees goes away to IRAQ on active duty in the Army. While he was gone we downsized. He returns a year later, and his position has been eliminated. I can legally tell him we no longer have a job for him correct? -FALSE-
5. The federal law WARN Act applies to employers with at least 90 – employees.
6. The California law referred to as Mini-WARN applies to employers with at least 50 – employees.
7. An organization is legally required to offer employees medical insurance.
8. Social Security is made up totally of money from employees.
9. An organization shouldn’t show any interest in an employee’s career development.
10. It makes total sense to copy another company’s compensation plan. This is especially if they are in the same industry, and have around the same amount of employees.
11. There is no difference of employment laws in California compared to other states in the US.
12. An organization can pay a minor below minimum wage.
The Essay on How far is it applicable to management and employee motivation in contemporary Chinese organizations?
Critically evaluate McGregor's Theory X and Theory Y. How far is it applicable to management and employee motivation in contemporary Chinese organizations? During the 1960s the number of psychologists invented motivational theories, which aimed to increase organizations’ productivity. One of those is McGregor’s Theory X and Theory Y, in which he claimed that people can be managed in two extremes, ...
13. A company in California can opt to pay $7.25 the federal minimum wage, as opposed to $8.00the state minimum wage if they can prove it is more cost efficient for them.
14. It is permissible to fire someone in California and pay them the next pay period.
15. It is possible and legal for a male employee to be paid more if he negotiated better, and had a higher wage history.
16. It is legally required to terminate all employees who have been proven to be harassers in the workplace.
17. Which of these might NOT be considered a disability.
Being HIV positive
Partial hearing loss in one ear
A history of chronic back pain
Having the Flu
Being a cancer survivor with no signs of the disease any longer It is fine to offer executives more benefits.
18. Which of these is an example of an Intangible benefit? Annual bonus
A non-managerial employee being involved in making decisions in the organization Employee Stock Options
19. _TRUE___Today’s managers have found that employees do not set aside their cultural values and lifestyle preferences when they come to work. The challenge is to make organizations more accommodating to diverse groups of people by addressing different lifestyles, family needs, and work styles.
20. __TRUE__The part-time, temporary, and contract workers used by organizations to fill peak staffing needs or perform work not done by core employees is called the contingent workforce.
21. _TRUE___Quality management’s objective is to create an organization committed to continuous improvement or one that leads to achieving an effective and lean work force. A well-managed organization according to W. Edward Deming was one in which statistical control reduced variability and resulted in uniform quality and predictable quality of output.
22. ____Work process engineering will generate its benefits only if Human Resource
Management does train its employee population.
Introduction Organizations are increasingly considering leasing or temporary employees because of the appeal of reduced administrative cost and access to lower costs. In reality, these employees come in, do their job, and then leave it up to the full timers to handle the details. The dispute occurs that this situation will only lead to a decrease in employee morale. Definition temporary worker A ...
23. ___FALSE_ Causes of stress can be grouped into two major categories: motivational and personal
24. TRUE____Technological changes have required HRM to address or change its practices when it deals with such activities as recruiting as recruiting and selecting employees, motivating and paying individuals, training and developing employees, and in legal and ethical matters.
25. ___FALSE_Drug testing in today’s organization is conducted not to eliminate illegal substance at the point of hire, but only to catch those using it in the workplace.
26. __FALSE__Type A behavior is characterized by a procrastinated sense of time urgency, excessively competitive drive, and difficulty accepting and enjoying leisure time.
27. FALSE____The purpose of job analysis is only concerned with the amount of money that is paid to the employee for following their job description.
28._TRUE__A financial protection plan for executives in case they are released from the organization is called a golden parachute.
29._FALSE__Social Security does not provide a source of income for American retirees, disabled workers, and surviving dependents of workers who have died.
30._TRUE__Some stress in organizations is absolutely necessary; without it, workers lack energy.