To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.
ANALYZE MISSION STATEMENT
1. Customers- Yes they are highly involved with their customers’ needs and wants
2. Products- Yes they offer this: A Nike bag Nike shoe, Nike socks, Running, Basketball, Cross-Training , Outdoor Activities Tennis, Golf, Soccer, Baseball, Football, Bicycling, Volleyball, Wrestling, Cheerleading , Aquatic Activities, Auto Racing and other athletic and recreational uses
3. Markets- Yes they are going to be involved in different markets their focusing on expansion plans, particularly in emerging markets, which has shown strong demand for Nike branded footwear. Also they market shoes designed for outdoor activities, tennis, golf, soccer, baseball, football, bicycling, volleyball, wrestling, cheerleading, aquatic activities, hiking and other athletic and recreational uses
4. Technology – Yes they have different technology like Nike Air: Nike Air is pressurized air inside a tough, yet flexible bag. These Air Sole units are located in the midsole beneath the heel, forefoot or in both locations Nike shox that have springs in them that actually specially patented hollowed-out columns that, combined with a Pebax dispersion plate, give a stable, smooth and responsive ride.
5. Concern for survival, growth and profit- Yes. Even though they are at the forefront of selling footwear in that market as a large corporation they have to make sure that they stay at the top of that market including emerging markets they are interested in.
1)The question “Should Nike switch from a focus on celebrities to a focus on its products in its advertising” is a classic example of a management decision problem where a particular problem confronting the management of a company (Nike in this case) and they are then required to make a decision of what course of action to pursue. Clearly in this case it is a very important decision ...
6. Philosophy- Yes their philosophy is to always instill not only on a corporate level but in consumers to have grit, determination and passion in whatever you do.
7. Self concept- Their self concept stretches far beyond their corporate walls. With the slogan “just do it” it pushes people to see themselves much like the athletic stars as being a person to push yourself to the max. And in doing so you too can become as Micheal Jordan or many other athletes out their.
8. Concern for public image – Yes they have this, as a big corporation much like Adidas they have to stay on top of concerns such as this in order to be the leader they are today in the footwear industry and also in the eyes of consumers.
9. Concern for employees – They have the utmost respect for their employees because it was their employees that were involved in coming up with the slogan “Just Do It” that has helped them sell millions of their products. Stated Objectives- Bringing inspriation and inovation to every athlete in the world by using slogans like “Just Do it” to reach tremendous amounts of people thereby accomplishing marketing objectives at the same time which is have a range of marketing communication tactics that cater to the organization’s target market. Stated strategies- Besides using advertising such as billboards, PR releases and etc Nike goes to the Internet also in order to give people from all over the world the capability to not only check out sneakers and Nike apparel in their language but also giving them the chance to make their own type of Nike shoe or any other products that Nike.
This makes Nike come off as the type of corporation that gets people to be more closer to their product, making them feel more empowered as to what fits their style instead of Nike themselves just making the products and giving you options from limited styles. Revise mission statement? – I would not revise the mission statement but If it were necessary to do so I would just add in by saying our main priority is to bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world. Letting them see that it is your drive and passion that fuels the heart of Nike. http://marketingteacher.com/swot/nike-swot.html#
ConverseIntroduction The increase in the number of companies and the competitive prices that the companies offer has given rise to a competitive situation in the companies (Borden, 1984). Marketing activities in companies are framed based on the ‘marketing mix’ of the company (Borden, 1984). The marketing mix framework consists of 7Ps considering the modern scenario (Booms and Bitner, 1981, cited ...