Administrative Assistant: Undergraduate Student Administration
Faculty of Health Sciences
Applications are invited for this 5-year contract post of Administrative Assistant: Undergraduate Student Administration in the Faculty of Health Sciences, for appointment as soon as possible.
Key responsibilities include:
• Co-ordination of administration relating to a small group of South African students
• from Cuba who undergo clinical training in the Faculty
• Updating of the Faculty Handbook
• Maintenance of undergraduate prizes and organization of the annual prize giving
• Verification of past training of undergraduate students
• Lending assistance to the Faculty Manager: Academic Administration
• A matriculation certificate
• A tertiary diploma or degree
• Sound administrative experience
• An excellent command of written and spoken English
• A high level of computer literacy (MS Word, Excel)
The 2010 annual remuneration package, including benefits, for this post is negotiable in the range R145 390 to R196 716.
To apply please email the completed UCT Application form and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, to Jason.Stoffberg@uct.ac.za, Academic Administration, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Anzio Road, Observatory, 7925.
Introduction: In this era of globalization and technological revolution, education is considered as a first step for every human activity. It plays a vital role in development of human capital and it is linked with an individual’s well-being and opportunities for better living. It ensures the acquisition of knowledge and skills that enables individual to increase their productivity and improve ...
Telephone: +27 21 406 6559; Fax: +27 21 404 7652; www.health.uct.ac.za
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Reference number for this post: 2166
Closing date for applications: 15 March 2010
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at http://hr.uct.ac.za/policies/ee.php.